The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA) is completing an extensive renovation that includes work on the golf course as well as the clubhouses. The DIA is working with architect Drew Rogers and Wadsworth Golf Construction to revamp the golf course so that it is better suited for the men’s and women’s golf teams at the University of Illinois, in addition to an enhanced experience for the general public. Current plans are to open the golf course on April 1 for limited number of rounds and to open full time to the public on June 1. The restaurant is expected to open by early November, with catering and special events to begin a month later.
- Golf Shop, Practice Range, and Practice Green to open later this month
- Renovations changing face of Atkins Golf Club
- Construction Begins on Atkins Golf Club; Troon Management Company Selected
- Visions of Grandeur on the Horizon for Atkins Golf Club
- Illinois Athletics Donor Pledges $5 Million for Atkins Golf Renovation
- The Atkins Group Gifts Stone Creek Golf Club to Illinois Athletics